Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 22: LBD

I was walking to my car a few weeks ago and found a size 12 little black dress in the middle of our lawn. It was like someone had an awesome party at our house and forgot to invite us! It still had the tags attached, so I hung it from a tree on our lawn with a Post-It note that said, "Found this." Foolproof!

Then I forgot about the mysterious LBD. Then there was a blizzard. Then two days later, I tromped through a foot of snow to my car and saw the dress, still hanging from the tree. Oops. But amazingly, it was still in perfect shape -- even the tags! So I put the dress in my car and put a "lost" ad in our neighborhood newsletter. Someone called a few days later to say the dress had gone missing from her front porch -- a mile away! She had gotten a replacement already and told me to keep it.

As you can see in the photo, it doesn't fit.


DESTINATION: It went back from whence it came. And I don't mean my front lawn.

Sidenote, there's a 98% chance I would have actually worn this outfit in high school. Oh, the mid-90's riot grrl days.

3 comments:

  1. How did it not go to your favorite niece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...to paraphrase Clinton and Stacy, that's asking a lot of those spaghetti straps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair point. Btw, loving the Tina Fey-esque blogger profile pic.

    ReplyDelete