Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 26: GMC Sonoma

GEORGE: It's a little bit of a bummer for me, but today I drove my Sonoma to a new home across town. It has been an extra vehicle in my fleet for the past 8 years. I used it for a good portion of our last move, helped out many neighbors and friends, and hauled everything that Lowe's has to offer. We've done a lot of projects together and it was always there when I needed it. It was also my backup plan for when my old VW wasn't running (which was pretty often). I got a reliable car last year (totaling 4 cars for 2 drivers) so the bottom line was that in between these projects, I just didn't NEED the truck. The 600 bucks I'll save in insurance covers quite a few Lowe's rentals, and I can put the cash from the sale towards a better car for the family when we're ready, or some other house upgrade.

KARA: I drove this truck whenever my Mazda was acting up (which was pretty often). While I could technically reach the brake pedal, my legs weren't long enough to compress it if I actually wanted to stop. I basically needed to slide under the dashboard. So I won't miss that. But now my car is the least clean and most utilitarian one in our fleet, so I have a feeling I'll be lugging the dirty cargo from now on!



DESTINATION: A great home across town. Another car loving family with more cars than us.

Sidenote, George is really overachieving this week! I've thrown out spices, and meanwhile he's selling off big-ticket items all over the place!

2 comments:

  1. I will never find your house again without the black truck. Can you put a cutout of a black truck outside? Kthanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to come up some other type of lawn art....

    ReplyDelete