Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 30: Fugly Sweater

I thought this sweater was awesome when I ordered it from Urban Outfitters. It was on super-clearance, but I went ahead and ignored that red flag because I love retro 80's wear. Even if I'm in denial that my childhood can be considered "retro," that's not going to stop me from wearing leggings and oversize sweaters every day. And listening to the Bangles on constant rotation.

But I don't think I've ever found an occasion that seemed appropriate for this sweater. And I think I've figured out why: Because it's too fugly for the real world. I realize I'm not doing it any favors by wearing it over my pajama pants and performance fleece in this picture, but trust me.


DESTINATION: Goodwill. I tried to sell it on eBay, but no luck. Then I attempted to give it away on Facebook, but not one of my 300 friends was willing to take it for free.

4 comments:

  1. By the way, I'm not pregnant. The fugly sweater just creates the illusion of baby-bump. Another reason it's getting trashed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo ee, that is a fugly sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I, who I don't believe has ever turned down any fugly clothes you send my way, was not interested in that Barney-Hello Kitty bastard child.

    ReplyDelete