Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 76: Broken Letter Opener

My mom gave me this pretty butterfly letter opener for Christmas a few years ago, because I'm obsessed with butterflies. I never really used it, because God gave me the perfect letter opener, conveniently attached to my hand -- my index finger. But I kept the letter opener in my desk drawer, because I really liked the carved wooden butterfly. Despite never using it, I somehow managed to break it -- but I still held onto it, because I really really liked the carved wooden butterfly.

The other day I was sorting through my desk drawer and it occurred to me: "Hey, I'm keeping a makeshift spear in my desk with two toddlers wandering around. Perhaps this is not the best idea." So, off it goes. Luckily, if I ever need a butterfly fix, I have the pushpins, the paper clips, the papier mache, the notecards, and the tattoo. No butterfly shortage over here.


DESTINATION: Trash. Wouldn't want this thing falling into the wrong hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment